Wednesday, July 20, 2011

my tribute to you.

Today is the day someone very special to me was brought into the world. My big brother, Scott! While talking with him this morning, I found out that he is not 25 ((as I thought)) but he is 27! When I got off the phone with him & headed into the prayer room, my heart was flooded with many memories & deep gratitude to the Lord for giving him to me as a big brother. So today, I'd like to honor Scottie through some pictures & memories to go with :]

Just a fun memory of laughing with Heidi & Scott as my mom tried to get a good shot of the three kids... I have always had such a blast with Scottie, it seems like I can laugh harder with him than with anyone else... just that brother/sister bond & having the EXACT same humor! This is also the stage of life where Scott would teach me basketball in the driveway & if I was lucky, he'd come play capture the flag with me and my friends and be on MY team & we'd always win :] Ps... scott- I love the hair & glasses... they're comin back in style!!


This stage is one of my favorites... Scott was in a band called Eyes Wide in high school, & me & all my "cool" junior high friends were his BIGGEST fans... t-shirts & all! These were the precious years that I got to ride in the car to school with him every day, listen to his favorite music ((which of course became MY favorite music)) and try to connect with him in any way I could. I also joined the youth group this year & LOVED getting to see him on Thursday nights at church... I felt AWESOME that Scott Vanderwerf was MY big brother!


Since we've gotten older, Scott & I have gotten to connect in deeper things than just our humor, we have built a deep connection in God. One of the ways we connect with the Lord together is through music. He is probably the most talented/well-rounded musician I know & I love when I get to write with him. But he is not only talented, he is seriously an incredibly anointed worship leader-- so when I get to lead worship with him, it's always a joy! This picture is at my wedding reception, Scott & I led worship together-- just the way I like it :] & boy did the Spirit show up!!

Clearly, I am pregnant here, & Scott is being his "supportive" self, sticking out his belly to match mine... throughout my pregnancy I was always greeted with his "belly bump"! What a great brother, stickin with me through thick n' thin... literally :]

This is the day we got home from the hospital with the ladies. Scott helped Josh & I get out of the hospital & load the ladies in the car... it was a great comfort to have him with us on that day. He is an awesome uncle; Emayah & Olivet are blessed to have their "uncle Tottie" :] ((that's Becca, his amazing wife next to him!!))

Scott,
You are one of the most incredible men I've ever known. Your devotion to the Lord inspires me & spurs me on in a very real way. Your genuine pursuit is absolutely contagious & your zeal cannot be quenched, because it is given by God. I have spent my life looking up to you in many ways, but your raw consecration to the Lord trumps them all. I love who you are in the Kingdom! There is no one else like you! You were uniquely fashioned to love the Lord with all that is within you! I'm honored to call you my big brother. 
I miss you today in Colorado. Wish I was there to give you a big hug! 
Happy Birthday Scottie! this is my tribute to you. 
katelyn dawn katie vanderwerf :]

kK

No comments:

Post a Comment