Friday, July 22, 2011

#1 friendship

this is my first afternoon home by myself that I've had in a long time. I am an extravert in every sense of the word; but even extraverts need some down time. After putting the ladies down for their afternoon nap, I'm pretty sure I made an audible "sigh...". Peace & quiet. Rest. This is nice.


3 of my best friends arrived in Colorado Springs nearly 3 weeks ago. 2 of which were here to stay ((Mel & Annie moved here!)) and Aimee ((and her sweet little baby, Makhi)) were here to visit for two weeks. 




We had the BEST time together! It's not even so much that we did a lot of fun activities ((we were mostly at home with the 3 babies, really trying to get Makhi on a schedule-- he did awesome!)) but more so that we just got to be together. The last year & a half have been quite the road for our group of friends. So many changes, both good & bad, traveling, marriage, children, heart ache & pain... all of which should have driven a wedge between us so thick we never could have remained friends. But somehow, only by the grace of God, we remain friends & have more faith in the things the Lord has promised us now than we ever have had before. 







These girls are truly sisters to me... covenant sisters. It was such a blast to all live in the same house & do life together again... we know it is just a picture of what is to come. 






Aimee & Makhi left last weekend to go back to MN... we hope they come back soon! 


This week has been a week of rest & this weekend Courtney will be officially moving in with us! --Courtney is a dear friend I have made in COsprings at theWall. She was just one of those people who I connected with right off the bat & already consider her to be one of my closest friends! I love you Court!


So... our house is going to be VERY full... Josh, Me & the ladies, plus, Annie, Mel & Courtney... that's 6 girls!!! Special shout out to the most patient & loving husband EVER, I love you joshie! if you want to have a guys' night, PLEASE invite josh :] He will be needing a few nights out, if you know what I mean!


SO excited for this next season!!


kK

No comments:

Post a Comment