Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the FOURTH.

The 4th of July has been one of my favorite holidays since I was little. Our family has always had boats on the St. Croix River & we'd always spend the day on the water, grilling out & then watching the fireworks in Stillwater while laying on the top of the boats. 


This year, we spent our holiday with the Krehbiel side. Their tradition is to do their OWN fireworks! It consists of a large family gathering, grilling out, intercession for our country, as well as lighting off fireworks. This year, there is a burn ban in Colorado, so they weren't able to do any of the aerials (the big ones :] ).


As I sat watching the fireworks, the little girls dance, & listened to James (my father in law) pray for our country with holy conviction & passion, I was moved. I could sit there, miss home, miss my OWN traditions, but then it all hit me... Who else is spending their 4th of July remembering what the Lord has done & asking for more. I am honored to be apart of the Krehbiel family. I love the heritage it carries. 


Here are som pictures of our day....








Not the most photogenic day for any of us, but you gotta take pics regardless... happy FOURTH y'all :]


kK

No comments:

Post a Comment