Monday, March 21, 2011

weekend recap.

I decided I would take Mondays to recap what I did for the weekend just to keep y'all in the loop...

Friday nights we usually go to the service at theWall (the prayer room where Josh will be working). It is always a great night of worship & a sermon from the heart of God. Right now we're doing a series on the life of David... really good.
Afterwards, we went out to ice cream with some friends, fun!

Saturday was full of errands & catching up on some things around the house. I looove saturdays & sundays because that means Josh is home & I just love that so much! He is such a good daddy & it's incredible watching him with the ladies (meaning our daughters... not other ladies:] )
Saturday night two of my good friends watched the ladies so that Josh could take me on a date to the Sunbird restaurant, which is a restaurant in Colorado Springs that overlooks the whole city. It's a beautiful view. It also happened to fall on the night that the moon was supposedly way closer than normal; definitely a beautiful evening.
we spent our night talking about martyrdom & living for the age to come in light of holding fast to never being offended by the Lord. It was a sobering conversation to say the least, but it's just what is burning on our hearts as of late.
then we came home & had a great conversation with our friends & watched one friends' heart come alive right before our eyes. It was a precious moment.
Sunday we had some friends over to read through the book of Mark. Josh & I have been trying to read through whole books at a time, or at least big chunks at a time. We're watching the Word come alive to us in some incredible ways! So, we decided to do it as a group. We read through the whole book of Mark & ate fruit salad & quiche :]
that afternoon, we went on a hike up to Pulpit Rock with some friends. Pulpit Rock is one of the prettiest views of the Springs, in our opinion, and it was one of Josh's favorite places to pray throughout high school. When we got to the top, we took time to listen to what the Lord wanted to say to us. It truly turned into a Holy moment as we declared the worthiness of the Lord for not only the nations but for the Springs, for the businesses, the churches, the schools, every heart... A little while later we ran into some high school aged boys smoking pot, it was a perfect opportunity for Josh to prophesy into their lives. We are believing for big things for those ones!
after our [eventful] hike, we headed home & took the evening to rest & get ready for the week... while enjoying each other's company, of course.

here are some pictures of our hike :] enjoy!









Tomorrow, I plan to write on the story of the 10 Virgins [matthew 25] to follow up on my blog from Friday... stay tuned!

kK

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really great weekend - it's always wonderful to have a time of spiritual refreshing, and I'm glad your hike was meaningful that way!
    I just came across your blog, and I've been enjoying reading it! I'm a Christian as well, and my husband and I just welcomed our son into the world 6 weeks ago. Congrats on your twin girls! They sound adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete