Friday, March 11, 2011

reflecting.

I feel like my life has been on speed for the past couple of weeks. My mom came to visit us for 5 days, and then only a few short days later, some of my girlfriends came for the week! I haven't been doing my "normal" routine, which is spending time with my girls & taking care of other commitments I have... all at home, well, for the most part. The last two weeks I've been out and about, showing people around the Springs, getting more time in the prayer room & thoroughly enjoying the company. You see, I'm totally an extravert at heart, so I thrive with having people around... however, I've been feeling an ache...

I feel like I can relate with Solomon as he wrote the book of Ecclesiastes. He basically lays out the meaninglessness of life without the Lord. I love this book... the way it is written & really the way it gives such a different perspective. You mostly hear the book of Ecclesiastes referred to as the "depressing book" because it can seem to be very negative. However, I find it beautiful. It's the reality of a heart that has been wrecked before the goodness of the Lord, and with a new understanding of the meaning of life, all seems like vanity through these new lenses.

I see it like this... once you've tasted food that has good seasonings on it & great flavor, and then you taste food without, you no long enjoy the food that lacks flavor. Our relationship with God is the same way. Once we have tasted & seen, once we have encountered Him (in whatever way) we are no longer able to be satisfied as easily. We know there is more. We must have more. We must have Him.

So I think about my time out & about, enjoying people's company, and although I did nothing wrong & nothing that we did was sinful, I long to sit in my chair in the quietness of my home & commune with the only One who gives & sustains life.

I'm not the extravert I used to be... I've found the only source of energy is Jesus; not me spending time with other people.

((don't get me wrong, I love my friends & there is SUCH benefit in godly relationships...))

So, I'm left with one remaining thought...
what will I focus my mind on? what will I give myself to?

An eternal God... or temporary pleasure...
think about it.

kK

“Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.” Ecclesiastes 12:13

No comments:

Post a Comment