Friday, August 31, 2012

transition.

transition can be very difficult for many reasons, but one of the hardest for me, personally, is the unknown

have you ever taken the strengths finders test? one of my top strengths is futuristic. it comes as a strength when you are getting vision for a task, or when you really should look beyond your current circumstances for the potential light at the end of the tunnel... but often times, I see this "strength" as a weakness. here's why...

I have a very difficult time living in the moment. even if the moment is wonderful, I find myself looking beyond it to see what's coming next. it's almost a curse.

in transition--where we seem to find ourselves...at all times, I keep seeing how this futuristic thing is both a positive and a negative. you see, it's positive because I'm able to look beyond our current unknown, and see what might be coming down the pipe later on. however, when our future IS the unknown, I get myself into some trouble.

since I'm always looking ahead, I don't do well looking at what's directly in front of me. this is a problem when my whole house needs to be packed up and put into storage "pods". I don't want to do the every day tasks, I just want to think and plan about the things ahead.

right now, we don't know what's ahead. it's been about 5 weeks of this now--far too long for this futuristic girl. so my goal for this last week in the Springs is to take each day as it comes & do all that I can to not think about what is next.

my desire is to soak up each moment with my little girls before their 2nd birthday; to cherish this time with my husband where we get to do the mundane of life together day in and day out--since he doesn't have to go to work. I want to enjoy my last get togethers with friends and family, not  being so consumed with the fact that we're leaving, but simply enjoying each others company. and most of all, I want to prioritize my time with the Lord, the one who actually does know what is coming. but I don't want to be with Him to get answers--I really just long to be with Him.

kk

1 comment:

  1. Kate-
    Praying clarity, wisdom, comfort, and trust over your family in this time!
    "Trust in Him at ALL times, O People; pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us!" Psalm 62:8
    Encouraged by your faith and tenderness to His leading!
    Much love to you!
    Libby

    ReplyDelete