Thursday, August 11, 2011

more? maybe?

today I'm thinking a lot about babies


Our plan, since the beginning, has been to have all of our kids really close in age... for many different reasons. One of which being that since we started having kids so young, we might as well have them all together & then be done sooner. I mean seriously, Emayah & Olivet will be in their first year of college when I'm 40! That's awesome! One of the biggest reasons is because we want our kids to be older as we approach the End of the Age. Some of you may be thinking... "did they drink some weird koolaid?!" and others of you may be "amen-ing" me.... But in either case, ask me more about what I mean if you'd like, and I'd be happy to share my heart with you. Lastly, another reason is because we'd love for all of our kids to be great friends (which I totally understand can happen between siblings spaced farther apart). 


So, here we find ourselves, Emayah & Olivet are approaching 1 very quickly. & originally, we would have planned to have me be pregnant again by now... but having twins, & a horrible pregnancy have both put a bit of reservation in us. 






You see, we also know that we are called to adopt. We preferably would like to adopt our next child, to inter-mingle our biological children with our adopted ones... ie: biological, adopted, biological, adopted etc...


Now you're probably wondering, HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?!


5 or 6


So... we find ourselves a bit stuck, not knowing if we should adopt or get pregnant next. 


We know the Lord is going to be clear with us on what's next, and we also know that we are not going to move forward with a plan unless He is the One who comes up with it. Having children is not something to just do, it's serious! & such a blessing! :]


We also know that we won't move forward with either plan until we are fully funded financially & know that we can support having another child, or 2 :]


thoughts?! I'd loooove to hear them!


kK

4 comments:

  1. YES. As long as its okay with Papa. I love either option, but I do have to admit you are pretty darn cute pregnant... Perhaps you could ask a doc if the second pregnancy will be better? I dont know much about that... haha. ANYWHO. I love the idea of you having more kiddos around :) even though I wont get to see them... I know they will be little firebabies for Jesus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know more about what your thoughts are behind having your children older as we approach the end. It's something that my Josh and I have been talking about as we get closer to having kids. So, please share! I'm eager to hear. Or, read, which ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I want to have our kids close together too, for alot of the same reasons as you and your husband! I think it's great that you want to adopt! We've talked about it, but we're not sure the Lord is calling us to it (at least not yet).

    I've been enjoying reading your blog! I'm looking forward to seeing where the Lord leads you on the baby issue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive always wanted 6 kids. That was i can still have an SUV and not a minivan haha. But of course i will be greatful with whatever the Lord gives me.

    ReplyDelete