Tuesday, April 26, 2011

katie, shut up.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the power of my words versus the power of prayer. I love to talk to people & the Lord has gifted me in the area of wisdom & counsel; and in the past I would rely on that gifting to a fault. This weekend the Lord reminded me of some things that He taught me in the past & I felt compelled to write about it...

A good friend of mine came in town to visit this past weekend & before she got here, I was asking the Lord what He had for her & what things I could speak into her life about. I clearly heard the Lord say, "Do not speak into her life this weekend, let Me speak into her life", then He went on to tell me some things that He wanted to do in her heart & invited me to partner with Him in intercession for her to receive directly from Him.

the reality is that our words before the Living God are more effective than our words before man will ever be

But do I really believe that? Do I really believe that my prayers will shift things? So often I find myself speaking in to someone's life out of fear that God won't just tell them Himself. Do I believe that He hears my prayers? If I did, I would live in light of that. 

((not to say that receiving prophecy or wisdom from people is wrong... the Lord TOTALLY uses that!!))

This weekend, I watched the Lord speak to my friend about every single thing that He said He would talk to her about... Everything I prayed for happened & more!!! It was so exhilarating watching a dear friend come alive in God because of #1. His Voice & #2. His Word.

So I came away with this once again... His leadership could not be any more perfect. He truly is the Good Shepherd. I am honored to be His beloved sheep. Honored.

the words of the Living God to man are more effective than my words could ever be

kK

No comments:

Post a Comment