Wednesday, August 29, 2012

moving.


I know, I know, once again, I haven't written in forever. Life just seems to get away with me sometimes. You know that feeling you get when it seems as though life is happening to you & you aren't the one doing life. That is exactly how I've felt over the last say... 4 years :) I think I'm beginning to come to terms with the idea that life may always look this way--non-stop, busy, with so many unexpected things popping up... daily. I think I just need to learn what it means to Carpe Diem, sieze the day, each day as it comes & not constantly be waiting for something that I've hoped or dreamed for to happen to me. It's much more likely that it will happen as you just make the most of each moment and truly cherish the season you are in.

wow... that's not what I was planning to write about... back to "transition"!

As you probably know, mostly through social media sites, our little family of four is packing up and moving out of Colorado Springs. We moved here nearly 2 years ago, knowing that it would be temporary, but having no idea it would be this temporary.

As of 5 weeks ago, things were going great, no bumps in the road, feeling confident in the possibility of "putting down roots" in the Springs. Josh had a solid job that he loved, we were close to family & hey, colorado is probably the best place on earth to raise your children :) We actually almost bought a home! We found a little place that was exactly what we were looking for and more for the right price. There was just something about it that we couldn't find peace over; so we moved on, believing God had something better for us.

3 days later is when the Lord began to encounter us & the possibility of leaving Colorado Springs came up in our conversation. 4 prophetic encounters and 5 days later, it became quite clear that our season in Colorado had come to an abrupt, yet beautiful, end.

no, Josh did not lose his job; however, what was in his heart to do at EHC was no longer one of the primary focuses of the ministry. We could have stayed, yet, God had other plans for us. And those were clear because of the way He had for-warned us 5 days before Josh's conversation with his boss/friend.

so here we are, 4 weeks later. approaching our final day of a huge moving sale, and preparing to pack up our home into what seems to be a million different boxes. I hate moving. yet at the same time, I have this quiet peace that keeps my heart excited and alive.

you may be wondering why we are moving so quickly... more on that later :)

kK

No comments:

Post a Comment