Friday, April 15, 2011

you haven't taken your honeymoon yet?

yeah... I know... It's bad! We still haven't taken a honeymoon! Here's the brief story...

We were planning on taking a honeymoon after our wedding, like normal people do... but then our engagement season took some unexpected (& quite unfortunate) turns & it became so busy & stressful that a lot of things had to be put to the side, including our honeymoon plans. We planned to take a trip within our first year for sure, but then, I got pregnant two months after we were married & we never planned the trip! BUMMER!

side note:: we also never took our wedding pictures as just the two of us... We made the decision to not see each other until the ceremony when I walked down the isle (which I would totally recommend by the way...) but that meant that it would be too dark outside to get good pictures of just the two of us that night... so in our wedding album, we only have a few of just us that the photographer took with lighting outside... I'm so glad those pictures turned out! Well, our PLAN (you see, there is a pattern here...) was to take picture the NEXT DAY... I know crazy! to get allll dressed & ready again & take pictures outside on a nice sunny day... well.. we woke up to a rainy, yucky day.. so then we get this GRAND idea, lets wait for the summer & take pictures when it's really nice out! great idea, right? wrong... I got pregnant & will NEVER be fitting in that wedding dress again :/ sad day..

anyways... back to the honeymoon...

The other day, Josh & I were talking & decided that right now seems to be kind of a "now or never" time for us to take our honeymoon. The ladies are just old enough to be left with my parents. I am for sure NOT pregnant. But we DO want more children & feel like the time may be coming soon to either have more or adopt. My parents watching 2 children is decently manageable, but 3? that's getting to be a lot of young kids for a whole week! soOOoooOOooooo....

our plan is...

we will be going to Minnesota (cannot WAIT!) on May 12 for my sister-in-law's graduation, then we have plans to be in MN for an undetermined amount of time... SO after about a week of being there, Josh & I will fly out to our (undetermined) honeymoon destination, leave the ladies with my parents, stay a week, Josh will fly back home to Colorado, and then I will return to MN for another week or so!

sounds like a FUN plan right?! I just hope it doesn't turn out like our other plans & just... not happen.

but here's the catch... WE DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO!!!
here is what we are looking for...
affordable.
all inclusive resort.
hot climate! beaches etc...

got any ideas?! please leave some comments!!!

have a great weekend :]

kK

2 comments:

  1. my best friends went to Cozumel Mexico and stayed at Palace Resort about a year ago. They had an amazing time at the resort and traveling around the Island! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun!! We have to talk about the time you are going to be here ... for photos :) I understand how life can just catchup with you. It can be SO frustrating. So, my advice.... Living Social has a new "Getaway" deal every Wednesday.... I am not 100% how good the deals are compared to "whats out there" but they seem awesome and are all-inclusive! Fun stuff!! Love this plan... it will happen!!

    ReplyDelete