Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So I have this blog...

I've had a blog for a while now, but I'm terrible at actually writing in it! So I changed up my design a bit to give me some new inspiration in writing out my thoughts.

Life has changed so much in the last two years & we currently find ourselves in yet another transitional season... perfect time to start blogging, right?

How about a little Josh & Katie recap from the last two years...


February 2009: Begin Dating



















July 2009: Engaged


November 2009: Married



















February 2010: Pregnant (think it's a boy)

                                                                                                

















May 2010: pregnant with TWINS & girls :]



















July-September 2010: multiple false alarm trips to the hospital















September 2010: birth of Emayah Song & Olivet Reign




















November 2010: move again




January 2011: God calls us to Colorado Springs









February 2011: move to Colorado Springs








wow! that's crazy for me to even write out! I can't believe the changes that have happened in such a short period of time!

I wish I could say that these last couple of seasons have been the most intimately beautiful seasons of my life thus far... but quite the opposite is true. I would have to say that these months have been themed with such deep realization of my barrenness before the living God. I have crumbled under the weight of testing, discipline & transitions. I regret to say that I gave in to offense & apathy in such a way that I have found my heart to be calloused & hardened.

I've chosen to make war (matthew 11:12)  on such things... We must choose!!!  It is a new day, a new time; a beautiful season that I am embarking on. I have chosen the good thing, the most important thing, to run straight to the feet of Jesus & to listen to His teaching, to His thoughts. (luke 10:38-42)


I've chosen to surrender. To be thankful for His discipline; it has given me new confidence in His love (hebrews 12:6). I choose to delight in (not dread) this season of being home with my girls & encountering the Lord in a beautiful way.

kK

5 comments:

  1. Katie, welcome to Colorado Springs! I hope you like it here as much as we do. With Josh's family here, that should be no problem. Eventually, we hope to have you guys over for an evening. Love the blog comments. May God give you your heart's desire as you pursue Him. Galen and Jeannette Call

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband recently started blogging and it has intrigued within me a desire to read more blogs. I saw your comment on facebook about your blog and I'm sure glad I did. You have had a whirlwind of changes! Praise God that He remains changeless!
    I admire your desire to Make War! It is absolutely necessary as each day does bring a new adventure. Choosing to exalt God or give into exalting self. There is a bold song called Make War by Tedshii- Piper does a short comment in the beginning about making war. It is great!
    Grace and peace as you continue the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Katie. I know how hard it is to move from family but God's grace is amazing in it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Katie... You inspire me. I love you and am blessed to call you my friend!! Welcome to the Springs, I look forward to life together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I just found your blog!
    Yay, I loved this recap!!
    Have you met my friends Mat and Lindsey Lujan? They are at EHFC leading their internship of some sort?
    I will be coming to CO Springs in May and I want to see you guys and meet your girls! : ) Wooooo

    ReplyDelete